2012...

Not a great start to 2012. I was hoping for a gentle cushioned entry to the new year with the essence of a bit of relaxing and clearing of ones head. I had great Christmas time and also a fun new years eve around at some friends house. A couple of weeks into January and it all seemed to implode slightly. The van required a lot of work to get through the MOT which was an unfortunate surprise. It seems to have suddenly gone downhill. So the hunt is on for another van. This was a shame as we were wanting to have a whole load of bottling done and deliveries etc. The discovery's head gasket blew at the same time and I also had to wade through my accounts to submit my tax return for the end of January. I never find January an easy month as the days are of course quite short and the countryside while sometimes it can look great in the winter is usually quite drab and dirty. It should be a time for us to regroup and do lots of planning. We have started to book a few shows for the following year which is quite exciting as I do enjoy being on the front line so to speak.

February is usually a little bit better as there are little signs of life such as snow drops to just remind you that you are on your way out of winter. And as hoped it has been a bit better. It might just have helped that we managed to at last grab some time to go away on holiday. Off we went to Norway for a quick week. We went on a whistle stop cruise all the way up the norwegian coast past the arctic circle right up to a place called Kirknes and then flew back. An interesting experience to say the least and it was not too cold.



Now we have returned home I am determined to kick start the plans we have for 2012 but there is a lot to do. It is heartening however the fact the days are getting longer already which enables me to to do that bit more outside during the day.

We have decided to sell our extra dry strong cider through some retail outlets to see how it goes. We did some figures with how the 'new' ciders went during 2011 and we were very pleased indeed with the results! The strong dry did far better than we envisaged so we are planning to add a little bottle neck label to explain that it is 'extra' dry to make it quite clear to customers. There is already a bar code on the label so it is more or less ready to go.

We are planning to have another go at doing an owl event at the farm and we have pencilled in April 15th as a potential date. Watch the website for any news. Talking about the website me and me good mate Bob the tech, have at last managed to swap webite servers to a more user friendly set up which will hopefully enable us to get the new online shop up and running. I am well aware I have been saying about this new shop for some time now and believe me there is no one more keen to see it up and running than me...

So fingers crossed for 2012 as we have a few plans up our sleeve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2014